Summer has been great! I can't believe it is already July though... it just doesn't seem right! In the past month some pretty great... and not so great... things have happened to me! The last week in June, I went to an Auditions Camp. It was a camp that teaches you audition tricks and how to handle yourself. All week we prepared two songs and one monologue and each day we did a new dance combination for practice. On Friday we "mock" interviewed for Randy Boothe, Marvin Payne, Jennifer Madsen, and some teachers from the studio. The idea was that after we auditioned we would recieve a feedback paper form each judge on our audition. I decided to make my audition not quite so mock, and audition for Sr. Company, "On Broadway". I didn't think there was a flying-fart-in-space of a chance (thank you "The Kid") that I would be cast. But I was!! I had four days to decide if I was going to accept the chance... and I decided to do it! The rehearsal are two times a week from August 2011-June 2012. In June 2012 they go touring and perform in New York! It will be one heck of an experience.
Downside to performing... I have been having vocal problems. I know I know, I've been asked it all. Is it just a cold? Some allergies? Are you stressed? NO! I have looked into all of those things, and that isn't what is going on. It probably started with a cold I had in late April. Yeah, it's been going on for three months. Yay... I went to a vocal specialist on Thursday and it was a pretty interesting appointment, considering I had NO idea what to expect. They had me sing some of the Star-Spangled Banner, unwarm. But I felt like I did pretty good! :) They then stuck a camera that was on the end of a rod to the back of my throat and made me make sounds like "eeee" and clear my throat really hard. They recorded it and then I watch some of the video. It was pretty awesome... and disgusting to see my vocal chords at work! After they showed me the video, they said that there is a possibility of a nodule or cist on my right vocal chord, but they were too swollen to be sure. I have a week of vocal rest (yeah, right, no talking??) and mediciation I am supposed to take, and another appointment next week and the week after.
After the doctor, my throat was fairly sore, as they were sticking a rod pretty far back there for nearly three minutes. Brandon asked me how it all went and if he could do anything to help. I told him he should come hang out with me... and guess what?! He brought me ice cream... how sweet is that?! It was probably the best ice cream I've ever had. It was nice because while hanging out, he wouldn't let me talk. Thank you for taking my vocal health into consideration... but it was darn hard! We watched "Hitch", a movie I didn't realize I loved quite so much. I was laughing through THE WHOLE THING. Can I just say one thing? Albert Brennaman is my hero.
Yesterday we had Collin King and & Lacy Downing's bridal shower here. The Kings came, and it was great to see them after three years in the missionfield of Georgia! I hid in my room for most of the shower fesitivites, but when things started to wind down I grabbed some food and headed outside. After basically everyone left Collin and Lacy told their dating story and such. It was great to just talk. Matt and Andrea spent the night, and we watched youtube videos. Some pretty good ones I might add. Check this one out! Darn hilarious!
Well sorry for the super long catch-up... but I haven't blogged in forever! Feels good. Ta ta for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment