I was seriously considering bailing on college. Who needs a higher level of education anyway? I hear that the tree-cutters in Alaska, even without high school diplomas, are doing pretty well. I walked around campus, huffing and puffing, searching for my classes. Wouldn't it be so much simpler to just say "no"? I could just sit on my parent's couch for the rest of my life, eating potato chips and watching "Pretty Little Liars". No need to meet new people, learn new things. No need to get up early in the morning and catch the shuttle or trek to campus. No need.
But then I got a new backpack. It's pretty, but not in a super girly way. I refused to get a girly backpack. I wanted a backpack that looked good... but not super masculine. I got it in ice blue. I have a major weakness for school supplies. Going back to school is worth it to buy some notebooks and a spanking new pack of ballpoint pens. I love it. So, this new backpack fits into my school supply obsession. So how could I possibly give up on college when I have this wonderful new school accessory? It just wouldn't be right.
So folks, I'm going to college. Thank you dearest Osprey backpack for saving my college education, and quite possibly, my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment