Thursday, August 9, 2012
Hobbies. What?
As I was filling out a form for the bishop of my new ward in Provo... I realized I have no hobbies. How sad is that? Doesn't everyone have hobbies? I asked my parents for some hobby examples; fixing cars and gardening. The only thing I know about cars is that they need gas before the orange needle points at the big E and that the more horse-power, the better. Gardening? I tried that once. Things didn't bode so well for the pansies I planted. It's pretty safe to say that I lack a green thumb. Some other famous hobbies I have heard of are things down the alley of "stamp collecting". I have to admit that I do see more stamps than the average teenager, but most definitely not because I collect them. I throw those stamps onto envelopes addressed "Elder" so fast, no one could ever mistake me for a collector. Scrapbooking. Isn't that considered a hobby? I like cutesy paper and pictures, but when it comes to writing in a swirly font, forget about it. My handwriting is comparable to chicken scratch (side note: The most awful thing I write is my name. The "ff" gets me every time). My dad did happen to mention photography in his very limited list of examples. What are the odds that there had been a photography box under "Interests/Skills" earlier on in the form? Since I had already checked the boxes relating to any kind of hobby-type activity I participate in, I left that section blank. BLANK. I have no real hobbies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment