Thursday, July 26, 2012

Needles & Things

A couple of months ago I was blessed with a handsome little nephew named Hudson. Unfortunately, there has been a nationwide breakout of the whooping cough and if children, particularly under three months, catch it, it can be fatal. So, today I headed down to the health center to get my shot so I wouldn't have to live my life nephew-less. I fill out the papers, signing away my own life because I'm officially an adult... and guess what? I don't need the shot! Score! I happened to have gotten it in 2006. But my mom decides that going all the way down there without getting a shot was not an option, and she discovered that I hadn't received a vaccination for meningitis. Nice. Thus, I'm all covered for whooping cough and meningitis. Hooray for health!... which usually comes at the price of being jabbed with needles and things.

No comments:

Post a Comment